- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Thank you for your interest in GW Pre-College. We are currently accepting applications for 2014!
- International students seeking visa sponsorship for the College Intensive 6-week session: May 1.
- All other students and programs: May 15.
- Early application is strongly recommended as courses fill quickly. Late applications are accepted subject to availability.
1. Create a PIN and password to access the online application. Please note: it is important to keep this information as it will allow you to log in and check the progress of your application.
2. Submit the online application, which includes:
- Personal information and course selection
- 350-word essay
- Recommendation from teacher or guidance counselor
- Uploaded academic transcript (including fall term grades)
- Non-refundable application fee ($100 for International 6-Week Session applicants seeking visa sponsorship; $50 for all other applicants)
- International applicants for whom English is a second language: unofficial copy of TOEFL or IELTS test scores
- International 6-Week Session applicants only: Visa Application and Financial Certificate and supporting documentation
3. After GW receives ALL components, your application will be reviewed on a rolling, space-available basis.
4. Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an e-mail and a letter informing you of the decision.
Additional Information for international students:
Application Requirements: College Intensive 6-Week, 3-Week & 1-Week Sessions
International students who are currently the equivalent of grade 10 or 11 in the U.S. may apply to our College Intensive 6-week session. Students should be academically qualified to manage the challenges of university-level work, and those for whom English is a second language must have demonstrated proof of English language proficiency by meeting the minimum required scores for one of the tests below:
- Internet-based TOEFL: 80
- Paper-based TOEFL: 550
- IELTS: Overall band score of 6.0 and no individual band score below 5.0
Students with TOEFL scores between 550 and 600 (or other equivalents) are required to take one English for Academic Purposes course.
Application Requirements: Summer Immersion program
International students who are currently enrolled in the equivalent of grades 9-11 may apply to our Summer Immersion programs.
Although a minimum score is not required for Summer Immersion programs, we recommend applicants demonstrate ability to score 550 on the paper-based TOEFL/80 on the Internet-based TOEFL (or other equivalent English language assessment). Please submit an unofficial copy of your test scores with your application.